Medical-surgical travel nursing jobs (often called “med surg” travel nursing jobs) offer registered nurses an exciting and lucrative career opportunity. These positions are mission-critical because they provide healthcare services alongside surgeons, physicians, registered nurses, and other surgery team members. In med surg travel nursing jobs, you’ll work in hospitals, stand-alone surgery facilities, ambulatory care, and specialty medical practices.
While each travel nursing placement offers different opportunities, there are some common responsibilities to those on staff. These may include:
· Preparing the patient for surgical procedures
· Working closely with the surgeon and medical staff
· Ensuring surgical procedures are followed
· Communicating with patients, their families, and healthcare staff
In addition to understanding pre-and post-surgical care procedures, the med surg travel nursing jobs require an ability to stay calm under pressure and focus on the patient’s wellbeing.
Qualifications and Attributes Needed for Medical-Surgical Travel Nursing Jobs:
· Experience with surgical procedures and terminology
· Can work swiftly and accurately under pressure
· Strong attention to patient care procedures
· Respectful and empathetic demeanor to patients and staff
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Benefits Associated with Med Surg Travel Nursing Jobs
1. Select where and when you’ll work
2. Help save patients’ lives
3. Explore different career opportunities
4. Let a professional agency handle the details!