Whether you're looking for a change of pace or hoping to further your experience, Coast Medical Service can give you the flexibility and workload you desire. Experience a rewarding career while exploring new places, expanding your scope of practice, and enhancing your resume. Coast is proud to be a part of your journey and assist you as your nursing career grows.
OR travel nursing is an exciting career path for registered nurses to consider. Operating room nurses provide patient care before, during, and after surgeries and assist with surgical instruments and equipment during operations. Responsibilities also include preparing operating rooms, collaborating with other medical professionals for patient care, and working with patients and their caregivers on post-surgery instructions. OR travel nurse jobs are available in hospitals and other medical facilities.
While every OR travel nurse job has unique features, each does have responsibilities similar to those nurses on staff. These may include:
- Providing perioperative care to patients in the recovery and operating rooms
- Ensuring operating facilities are stocked with surgical equipment and supplies
- Collaborating on the development of patient care plans
- Preparing patients for surgery and assisting surgeons
- Handling surgical instruments and equipment
- Updating patient files and medical records
- Communicating with patients regarding post-surgery care instructions.
In addition to caring for pre-operative and post-operative patients, OR travel nurses need to be effective communicators, and active listeners as surgical patients and their family members often have many questions and concerns.
The in-demand qualifications and professional attributes for OR travel nurses are:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) and be a registered nurse (RN)
- Have knowledge of sterile techniques pertaining to surgical instruments and equipment
- Proficiency in patient management systems
- Experience developing and implementing nursing care plans
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills.
Reasons why nursing professionals should consider OR travel nurse jobs:
- Greater control over when and where you’re working
Professional OR travel nurses have increased flexibility and choice in their work setting and shifts.
- Explore workplace settings and career paths
OR travel nurse jobs are ideal for nurses who want to explore different healthcare environments or enjoy working in a variety of locations.
- Gain experience in new areas
Whether you’re an experienced nursing professional looking to shift into a new discipline, or a recent nursing graduate looking to build their resume, with each new travel nursing assignment, you acquire new skills and insights that will help you achieve personal and career goals.
- Delegate staffing assignments to a professional nursing agency
When you partner with an experienced nursing staffing agency, job opportunities that match your experience and career goals are offered directly to you and eliminate the need to always be on the hunt for a new assignment.
Looking to expand your career with OR travel nursing? Look to Coast Medical Service.
At Coast Medical Service, we provide high-quality per diem and travel nursing employment. We hold a deep understanding and commitment to the essential role of nursing and work to match your skills with a hospital or care center where you’ll be appreciated. When you partner with Coast, you’ll have the flexibility you desire, enjoy rewarding work, and be fairly compensated.
Whether you’re looking to spend time in Arizona or Alabama, take a moment to review our job listings. If you want to know more, contact us today, and we’ll show you how to make the most of your skills and experience!