Operating room nurses are used to action — and travel nursing provides just that. Whether you're looking for a change of pace or hoping to further your experience, Coast Medical Service can give you the flexibility and workload you desire. Experience a rewarding career while exploring new places, expanding your scope of practice, and enhancing your resume.
OR travel nursing is an exciting and fast-paced career path for registered nurses to consider. Operating room nurses provide patient care before, during, and after surgeries and assist with surgical instruments and equipment during operations. OR travel nurse jobs are available in hospitalsand other medical facilities, such as surgical centers.
While every OR travel nurse job has unique features, each does have responsibilities similar to those nurses on staff. These may include:
- Providing perioperative care to patients in the recovery and operating rooms
- Ensuring operating facilities are stocked with surgical equipment and supplies
- Collaborating on the development of patient care plans
- Preparing patients for surgery and assisting surgeons
- Handling surgical instruments and equipment
- Updating patient files and medical records
- Communicating with patients regarding post-surgery care instructions.
In addition to caring for pre-operative and post-operative patients, OR travel nurses need to be effective communicators, and active listeners as surgical patients and their family members often have many questions and concerns. You are an essential part of their experience, and can make or break a patient and their family’s understanding and assurance on surgery day.
Qualifications and Professional Attributes for OR Travel Nurses
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) and be a registered nurse (RN)
- Have knowledge of sterile techniques pertaining to surgical instruments and equipment
- Proficiency in patient management systems
- Experience developing and implementing nursing care plans
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills.
Reasons why nursing professionals should consider OR travel nurse jobs:
- Greater control over when and where you’re working
Professional OR travel nurses have increased flexibility and choice in their work setting and shifts.
- Explore workplace settings and career paths
OR travel nurse jobs are ideal for those who are ready to get out and see the country, checking out and working in different types of facilities and care settings to see which really resonates with them.
- Gain experience in new areas
Whether you’re an experienced nursing professional looking to shift into a new discipline, or a recent nursing graduate looking to build their resume, with each new travel nursing assignment, you acquire new skills and insights that will help you achieve personal and career goals. Once you’ve done a few placements around the country, you can really say you’ve seen it all, and bring that new experience to your next placement.
- Delegate staffing assignments to a professional nursing agency
When you partner with an experienced nursing staffing agency, job opportunities that match your experience and career goals are offered directly to you and eliminate the need to always be on the hunt for a new assignment.
Looking to expand your career with OR travel nursing? Look to Coast Medical Service.
At Coast Medical Service, we provide high-quality per diem and travel nursing employment. We maintain a deep commitment to the essential role of nursing and work to match your skills with a hospital or care center where you’ll be appreciated. When you partner with Coast, you’ll have the flexibility you desire, enjoy rewarding work, and be competitively compensated.
Whether you’re looking to spend time in Arizona or Alabama, or anywhere between, take a moment to review our job listings. If you want to know more, contact us today, and we’ll show you how to make the most of your skills and experience!