Behind every great surgeon and successful surgery is a surgical tech (“surg tech”) making sure the procedure goes as smoothly as possible. These professionals make the ideal candidates for travel healthcare positions as well — they get to learn from a variety of new surgeons, test out procedures they haven’t seen as frequently before, and gain experience in top facilities across the country.
Surgical technologist jobs are vital because they provide care alongside surgeons, physicians, registered nurses, and other operating room team members. As a surg tech, you can work in hospitals, outpatient surgery facilities, and private medical practices.
While each travel surgical technologist job has different responsibilities, there are some similarities to those on staff. These may include:
- Preparing and disposing of specimens for lab analysis
- Surgery preparation.
- Assisting the surgeon and operating room staff.
- Ensuring surgical technology is properly functioning.
- Communicating with patients and healthcare staff
In addition to understanding the technology in the operating room and communicating with OR staff, the surg tech must remain calm under pressure to focus on the patient’s needs.
Professional Qualifications and Attributes for Surgical Technologist Jobs:
- Familiarity with surgical procedures
- Understand surgical technology
- Strong attention to patient care
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques
- Ability to perform CPR
Benefits of Surg Tech Travel Jobs
- Work in an exciting area of healthcare
- Have control of your work schedule
- Explore new career opportunities
- Leave the details to a professional agency